This open educational resource (OER) was developed to ensure best practice and quality care based on the latest evidence, and to address inconsistencies in how clinical health care skills are taught and practised in the clinical setting. The checklist approach, used in this textbook, aims to provide standardized processes for clinical skills and to help nursing schools and clinical practice partners keep procedural practice current. Each skill/procedure is covered in a chapter that has learning objectives, a brief overview of the relevant theory, checklists of steps for procedures with the rationale behind each step of the process, and a summary of key takeaways. Key terms are set in bold throughout the book and laid out again in a Glossary in the appendix. All 88 checklists are also summarized, and hyperlinked to the original checklist, in the appendix.
- No image available1: 1. Infection Control
- No image available2: 2. Patient Assessment
- No image available3: 3. Safe Patient Handling, Positioning, and Transfers
- No image available5: 5. Oxygen Therapy
- No image available6: 6. Non-Parenteral Medication Administration
- No image available7: 9. Blood Glucose Monitoring