Initial Assessment Data
- Biographical data: 18-month-old child
- Reason for seeking care: Febrile
- History of presenting illness: Fever x 2 days, today rash appeared consisting of red spots over the client’s body
- Past history: No medications, no illnesses
Think about the client data and try to answer the following questions. Write your answers on a piece of paper.
- What infection control measures need to be taken when interacting with this child and taking the child’s vital signs?
- What developmental considerations need to be considered when taking the child’s vital signs?
Go to the next page to check your answers.