1. Living organisms can be distinguished from non-living matter because they usually move and grow. Name 5 other functions of living organisms:
2. What tissue types would you find...
- a) lining the intestine:
- b) covering the body:
- c) moving bones:
- d) flowing through blood vessels:
- e) linking the eye to the brain:
- f) lining the bladder:
3. Name the body cavity in which the following organs are found:
- a) heart:
- b) bladder:
- c) stomach:
- d) lungs:
4. Name the body system that...
- a) includes the bones and joints:
- b) includes the ovaries and testes:
- c) produces hormones:
- d) includes the heart, blood vessels and blood:
5. What is homeostasis?
6. Circle which is correct:
- a) The head is cranial | caudal to the neck
- b) The heart is medial | lateral to the ribs
- c) The elbow is proximal | distal to the fingers
- d) The spine is dorsal | ventral to the heart
7. Indicate whether or not these statements are true.
- a) The stomach is cranial to the diaphragm - true | false
- b) The heart lies in the pelvic cavity - true | false
- c) The spleen is roughly the same size as the stomach and lies near it - true | false
- d) The small intestine is proximal to the kidneys - true | false
- e) The bladder is medial to the hips - true | false
- f) The liver is cranial to the heart - true | false