By Scott Flynn
- Define the cardiovascular and respiratory system
- Describe how the cardiorespiratory system works
- Identify the benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness
- What is the importance of this system?
- Identify methods for assessing and improving the CR system
- 3.13: Measuring Intensity
- Intensity may be the most important aspect of the FITT principle. Engaging in a “cardio” program that does not stress the CR system to the recommended levels will be ineffective. Engaging in a program that overstresses the system can lead to injury and pose unnecessary risks. So how do you know if you are in the right range?