Initial Assessment Data
- Biographical data: Older adult client
- Reason for seeking care: Assess blood pressure at a blood pressure clinic
- History of health/illness: Healthy
- Past history: No medications, no illnesses
Vital Sign Measurements
1050 hrs, September 7, 2018
- Sitting BP: 160/94 mm Hg right arm
- Pulse: 72 bpm (radial), 2+, regular rhythm
Think about the client data and try to answer the following questions. Write your answers on a piece of paper.
- Which findings are considered abnormal for this adult client? What medical terminology is used to define/label these findings?
- What factors might cause the blood pressure reading to be higher than normal in this adult client?
- What is the healthcare provider’s next action based on the findings of this adult client?
Go to the next page to check your answers.