Initial Assessment Data
- Biographical data: Adult client
- Reason for seeking care: Vomiting and diarrhea
- History of presenting illness: Vomited x 4 daily x 3 days, diarrhea x 6 daily x 3 days, currently severely nauseated and dizzy, tolerating sips of clear fluid
- Past history: No medications, no illnesses
Think about the client data and try to answer the following questions. Write your answers on a piece of paper.
- What infection control measures should the healthcare provider implement?
- What method should be used to measure temperature for this adult client?
- What pulse and blood pressure readings should be taken for this adult client?
Go to the next page to check your answers.