1. Name the bones which move against (articulate with)...
- a) the humerus:the scapula at the proximal end and the ulna at the distal end
- b) the thoracic vertebrae:ribs
- c) the pelvis:the femur
2. Name the bones in the forelimb:humerus, ulna, radius, carpals, matacarpals and phallanges
3. Where is the patella found?at the point where the femur articulates with the tibia
4. Where are the following joints located?
- a) The stifle joint:between the femur and tibia
- b) The elbow joint:between the humerus and tibia
- c) The hock joint:between the tibia, tarsals and metatarsals
- d) The hip joint:between the pelvis and femur
5. Attach the following labels to the diagram of the long bone shown below.
- a) compact bone
- b) spongy bone
- c) growth plate
- d) fibrous sheath
- e) red marrow
- f) blood vessel
6. Attach the following labels to the diagram of a joint shown below
- a) bone
- b) articular cartilage
- c) joint cavity
- d) capsule
- e) ligament
- f) synovial fluid.