1. What kind of muscle tissue:
- a) moves bones
- b) makes the heart pump blood:
- c) pushes food along the intestine:
- d) makes your mouth form a smile:
- e) makes the hair stand up when cold:
- f) makes the diaphragm contract for breathing in:
2. What structure connects a muscle to a bone?
3. What is the insertion of a muscle?
4. Which muscle is antagonistic to the biceps?
5. Name 3 other antagonistic pairs and tell what they do.
6. When you bend your knee what movement are you making?
7. When you straighten your ankle joint what movement happens?
8. What organelles provide the energy that muscles need?
9. State the difference between a tendon and a ligament.
10.In the section "Skeletal Muscle" there are 2 proteins mentioned. Name these proteins, state their size difference, and tell what they actually do to help produce movement.