It's Your Turn
- Create a table of the vitamins including the following: water- or fat-soluble, role in the body, deficiency/toxicity disease or symptoms, and food sources.
- Explain the key differences between water- and fat-soluble vitamins.
- Explain who would benefit from supplements and who wouldn't need them.
1. Bring a vitamin you typically take in to class. Place the vitamins in separate glasses of water and watch how long it takes for them to dissolve.
2. Record your food and beverage intake for a day in a food tracking app such as MyFitnessPal. Review to see what vitamins you may consume to little of and research what foods could increase these vitamins in your diet.
Expand Your Knowledge
1. Check out these games to practice your knowledge of the vitamins: