It's Your Turn
- What benefits does exercise provide?
- How do the nutritional needs of athletes vary from that of less active individuals? Think calories, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fluids.
- What is the best source of hydration for most individuals?
1. Track your exercise for 1 week. Are you active every day? Do you combine elements of aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility throughout the week?
Expand Your Knowledge
1. Review the short article from Central Washington University entitled "Eating Before Competition". What changes might you make to your own routine?
2. NCAA provides rules and regulations to govern college athletics. They also provide sensible guidance regarding hydration during sports: "How to Maximize Performance Hydration". Are you well hydrated when you exercise?