Connective tissues make up the connecting or supporting framework for most of the organs of the body. This chapter will cover connective tissues.
Chapter Learning Objectives
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Define types and composition of connective tissue of connective tissue
- Define morphologic characteristics of each connective tissue
- Describe the functions of each type of connective tissue
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to answer the following:
- What is the function of connective tissue?
- What are the differences between ground substance, collagen and elastic fibers?
- What are the cellular components of connective tissue?
- What are the differences between embryonic and fibrous connective tissue?
- What is collagen and how is it composed?
- What are the two types of adipose tissue?
- What are the three major types of cartilage and what anatomical locations are they present?