Lesson 4 "I eat, therefore, I am."
In Lesson 4 we are going to carry forward the theme from Lesson 3. In Lesson 4, we will learn what the body uses from food to fuel, maintain, repair, and build our body and body processes--and how they impact our health. We also learn what foods are the primary (and healthiest) sources of those nutrients and substances.
Lesson 4 student learning outcomes
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to…
- 1...explain the importance of and summarize the role of carbohydrate, protein, and lipids (the macronutrients) in our bodies.
- 2...identify nutrient-dense dietary sources of nutrients, phytochemicals, and alcohol.
- 3…describe the functions of the various vitamins and minerals (micronutrients) in our bodies.
- 4…describe the role of hydration and beverage choices in health and physical activity.
- 5..explain the action of phytochemicals in our bodies
- 6…explain the influence of alcohol consumption on health and nutritional status.