Now use this Skin Test Yourself to see how much you have learned and remember.
1. The two layers that form the skin are the a) and b)
2. The special protein deposited in epidermal cells to make them waterproof is:
3. Many important skin structures are made of keratin. These include:
4. Sweat, sebaceous and mammary glands all have ducts to the outside. These kind of glands are known as:
5. What is the pigment deposited in skin cells that protects underlying skin layers from the harmful effects of the sun?
6. How does the skin help cool an animal down when it is active or in a hot environment?
7. Name two mechanisms by means of which the skin helps prevent heat loss when an animal is in a cold environment.