By Jonathan Howard
- Define the nine dimensions of wellness
- Identify health problems in the United States
- Identify the behaviors that promote wellness
- Behavior Modification: how change occurs, barriers to change, and how to successfully
- overcome barriers and make lasting lifestyle changes
- 1.3: Health Problems in the United States
- Americans today experience health problems that people who lived 100 years ago did not encounter. What are the factors that account for these health problems that have arisen over the past 100 years? Most health problems faced by people in the U.S. are chronic diseases that are preventable and caused by everyday choices and unhealthy lifestyles.
- 1.5: Behavior Modification
- Making permanent lifestyle changes is one of the greatest challenges a person can face. This section will explore how changes to behavior occur, the psychological barriers that hamper efforts to change, and tips for making lasting change.