- Emphasize the dynamic nature of the endomembrane system within the cell.
- Elucidate the structure and function of the rough and smooth endoplasmic reticulum.
- Describe the basic synthetic pathways for secretory and integral membrane proteins.
- Describe the role and sites of glycosylation in the processing of secretory and integral membrane proteins.
- Elucidate the structure, function, and polarization of the Golgi complex.
- Explain the signals used to target proteins to their appropriate cellular location.
- Describe lysosomal structure and function and the diseases caused by lysosome malfunction.
- Distinguish between phagocytosis, bulk phase endocytosis, and receptor-mediated endocytosis.
Thumbnail: Helle, Lucas, animal cell. CC BY 3.0. From Noun Project.