- Perform an eye and ear assessment, including visual acuity, extraocular motion, and hearing acuity
- Modify assessment techniques to reflect variations across the life span
- Document actions and observations
- Recognize and report significant deviations from norms
The ability to see, hear, and maintain balance are important functions of our eyes and ears. Let’s begin by reviewing the anatomy of the eye and ear and their common disorders.
- 6.1: Eye and Ear Assessment Introduction
- The ability to see, hear, and maintain balance are important functions of our eyes and ears.
- 6.2: Eye and Ear Basic Concepts
- This section reviews the anatomy of the eye and ears.
- 6.3: Eye and Ear Assessment
- This section includes common eye and ear assessments that the nurse performs.
Thumbnail: Getting things in focus. (Unsplash License; David Travis via Unsplash)