The first step in creating a successful flexibility program is to assess your own flexibility. Follow the link below to understand how you can perform these assessements. Those that may be most helpful include sections 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3.
1. Gummelt, D, The Impact of Flexibility Training on Performance, 2015, ACE Fitness; https://www.acefitness.org/education...on-performance
2. Neogi, T. (2013). The Epidemiology and Impact of Pain in Osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage / OARS, Osteoarthritis Research Society, 21(9), 1145–1153. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2013.03.018
3. Arthritis Foundation; arthritis.org, retrieved April 2018; https://www.arthritis.org/aboutarthr...tics-facts.php
4. Kruse, NT, Sillete, CR, Scheuermann, BW; American Journal of Physiology; Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 2016, May 1; 310 (9): H1210-21.
5. Hindle, K. B., Whitcomb, T. J., Briggs, W. O., & Hong, J. (2012). Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF): Its Mechanisms and Effects on Range of Motion and Muscular Function. Journal of Human Kinetics, 31, 105–113. http://doi.org/10.2478/v10078-012-0011-y
Biomechanics of Stretching