Skip to main content
- Last updated
- 15:19, 29 Jul 2016
Save as PDF
It’s Your Turn
- Make a chart of the vitamins and minerals important for metabolism and list their main functions.
- List four functions of blood.
- With regard to the functions of iron in metabolism and blood health, describe how low iron levels lead to the characteristic signs and symptoms of iron-deficiency anemia.
- Draw a flow chart of the stages of nutrient catabolism and point out where the B vitamins are required.
- Summarize in a paragraph why a pregnant woman requires more iron in the diet and why it is important for newborn babies to be screened for iron deficiency.
- Plan a daily menu that meets the RDA for iron and iron-absorption enhancers.