It's Your Turn
- List the roles of water in your body.
- How much of your body weight is water? How is it affected as you age?
- Create a table of the key major and trace minerals including the following: role in the body, deficiency/toxicity disease or symptoms, and common food sources.
1. How much water should you be consuming each day? Do you get enough?
2. What minerals do you take on a regular basis? Do you think you need them based on what you've learned?
Expand Your Knowledge
1. What minerals are required on our food labels? Why do you think this is? Refer to this Interactive Nutrition Facts Label from USDA for more information.