This book is designed as an OER text and learning resource for undergraduate students enrolled in FN 225 Nutrition at Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon. The book covers basic nutrition and metabolism, information literacy, energy balance, nutrition across life stages, dietary supplements, an in-depth look at each of the macronutrients, and major functions of vitamins and minerals.
- Front Matter
- 1: Designing A Healthy Diet
- No image available2: Nutrition Science and Information Literacy
- No image available3: Molecules of Life- Photosynthesis, Digestion, and Metabolism
- 4: Carbohydrates
- 5: Lipids
- 6: Protein
- 7: Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight
- 8: Vitamins and Minerals I
- 9: Vitamins and Minerals II
- 10: Nutrition and Physical Activity
- 11: Nutrition Throughout the Lifespan
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Cornucopia of fruit and vegetables. (CC BY-SA 3.0; Jina Lee).