The organization of International Chief Health Professions Officers (ICHPO) provided an agreed-upon definition of an allied health professional: "Direct Health Professions are a distinct group of health professionals who apply their expertise to prevent disease transmission, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate people of all ages and all specialties. Together with a range of technical and support staff they may deliver direct patient care, rehabilitation, treatment, diagnostics and health improvement interventions to restore and maintain optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive and social functions."
- Book: Undergraduate Diagnostic Imaging Fundamentals (Burbridge and Mah)
- Book: A Laboratory Guide to Clinical Hematology (Villatoro and To)
- Book: Clinical Chemistry - Theory, Analysis, Correlation (Kaplan and Pesce)
- Histology and Embryology for Dental Hygiene (Sheldahl)
- Evidence-Based Massage Therapy (Lebert)
- Book: Vital Sign Measurement Across the Lifespan (Lapum et al.)
- Book: Foundations for Assisting in Home Care (SUNY)